Stoned Racounteur

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Zilch ( I can't think of a title :| )

With engineering over and IIML joining still about a month away ,I now have plenty of time on my hands.

Hence the prolific book reading.

Just read "Five Point Someone" By Chetan Bhagat



The book is written in very simple language, Chetan Bhagat is not trying to emulate Shakespeare.The story is good, with many threads running in parallel.It is centered around three IIT batchmates and their four years of growing up.

While things are exaggerated to probably a rather high degree at times, All in all the story is free flowing and the book is rather short.A 3 hour sitting will get you through this.

Any engineer would be able to identify with the kind of opinions thats these three kids have about all the mugging and banality about engineering lectures..

The thing i liked the most about the books was the budding romance between one of the three boys and a daughter of a prof. Their encounters are described well and leave one with a dreamy look, making one thin about their own childhood romances.

Don't go for this one if you are looking for literary value.You'll find more than the books share of "damn"s and "fuck"s !

Anyone who has just passed out of engineering is bound to enjoy this, and anyone looking to have a peek into engineering life will find the book a real eye opener.

If i were to rate this book , I'd give it a 5.5/10 .

In addition to the book reading , a lot of other stuff has been keeping me busy.One rather enjoyable tast currently is the choosing of a moile phone.I have decided to rid myslf of the mind-numbingly-boring Reliance handset i have.

I've narrowed down to 2-3 phones.Just can't decide now ,am stuck !

The one phone that is leading right now is the Nokia 3220.Have a look :)



And yes, before i sign off, I gotta mention my experience in the library today.I went in at 11 AM , came out at 6 PM. Just to get one "No Dues" Cerificate. Ahhhh , how i love the pace at which things move in college.

Rohit

5 Comments:

  • www.phonescoop.com

    And go for 6600...
    When'll that loan come handy!? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM  

  • abe loan aise fun mein karch doonga to fees kaun dega :P

    6600 is kinda too exp, am not looking to spend that much mate :)

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 1:30 PM  

  • Oi!
    Tell me where from do you get your quota of books?
    Neighbourhood bookwallah, library or what?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • Well my sources are ecelctic :)

    Mostly borrowed books from friends + some that i have bought meself

    No libraries for me as i am awful at returning books on time and end up paying a hefty fine whenever i borrow books from a library.

    Wait till I write about the book I am reading right now...you'll go gaga over its source :)

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 5:01 AM  

  • Not yet :|

    I have found the solution to all my problems in Nokia 6820 viz costing about 6700.

    So if all goes as methinks, that is probably the one am gonna buy.

    You got any other suggestions mate?

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Counter