Stoned Racounteur

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Coming back to me :)

Where were you when I was burnt and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun


Lines from "Coming back to Life",Pink Floyd

The last week has ,without a doubt, been the best in my life.It wasn't so because of the fact that my dream of finally getting to study a field that i adore is coming true , it is because i have never learnt so much about myself,never been so strong, never been so satisfied and never been happier.

When i finally got to know what my results were( aka IIMK conversion) i was heartbroken to say the least, but held a straight face.The IIMC result brought me to the verge of breakdown but i survived :).

I thought a lot about what went wrong or where i let things slide.I didn't get anywhere for a while and was confused as hell.

Still in denial, i joined the IIMK 2007 Y! group.I learnt a lot about the college and more importantly the people coming there to study.Strangely enough, for a guy like me, I paid little attention to placements. As i got to know more and more people and their profiles, i was beginning to realise that this wasn't quite what i had imagined it to be.

With me being one of the two freshers in the group out of a total of 40, i started to feel better.I feel over the moon about the fact that i will actually have finance as a subject :), vishy and payne will understand.

I have decided to have a whale of a time at K and put in my best for the next two years of my life.

As far regrets go, I got none.

I do have a crib though.Now that we are through with the CAT n all.One of my best friends, my roomie(if he'll let me call myself that:), eh ) did not get through.I believe that few people deserve a seat in the IIMs more than him.Hemnani dude, you will, without a doubt, make it to where u want.

It will surprise many of you that inspite of 4 rejections and one conversion :) I feel i have got what i deserved.I have no complaints, people with better profiles and with more hard work got through where i got rejected.I am besides myself with excitement to go there, just a matter of two months now :).

Best of luck to all and to me :).

Rohit

P.S: This blog will now belong to a B-schooler :)
P.P.S: For some reason i wanted to post this in italic, nothing else :)

27 Comments:

  • saala...look who's talkin' about me being mature! :D

    i'll have to take inspiration from your friggin' avatar @PG for this line>>> keep walkin' mayte! :)

    here's to the hope that ze Payne shall be ur classmate...:-"

    thou art now officially linkafied on me blog. and here's an official warnin' for u, get some links out here. [-x

    lastly, dats da spirit.

    keep walkin'.

    Payne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • What a post!

    You have shown what the human spirit is made of... I really salute you!

    And yes, I am sure you're gonna succeed in life

    Go rock IIMK ... and don't forget to top all the fin courses ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • crack maar :)

    By Blogger V, at 8:19 PM  

  • Well..i guess the kinda post that we shud carefully place in our scrapbooks
    and reread whenever courage and strength finds us lacking.

    having known you well in the past few days..i can understand what this post stands for.

    Have a great experience in the two years ahead.

    Rohan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 PM  

  • ah....thts consolation for me...for a while i had started doubting my own capapblities...thnx man....

    n ATB for whtever u do in ur life mate....i knw u'll get wht ya deserve....ITC waiting for ya

    cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger fortunately unlucky, at 9:11 PM  

  • hi dude,
    nicely written..been a long time since u updated yr blog..its gud to knw that u emerged stronger and happier thru the whole process of introspection..u get to knw yrself better..as for thinking abt wat went wrong,its useless.thers nothing called rite or wrong ..one is wat happens and one is what doesnt!!i knw ul make the best out of iimk...hooaaa!!

    By Blogger fortunately unlucky, at 9:15 PM  

  • @payne me all grown up just talkin to u da

    @prasanna: what can i say...i like the word spirit :)

    @vishy: tu bhi :P

    @rohan: tu tech kab seekhega re...hope u FINALLY figured out that status thingie:)

    @Hemnani(ahem...roomie :P ): tu A jaayega re + ITC nahin be Morgan Stanley bol :)

    @sid: meri mehnat ne tere ko finally kaam karna sikhaya :P aur main wahaan se VT champ banke aaoonga....copy to Hemnani :P watch out doods

    @kaul: munna ab tu dekh hits ko :)

    @all: main thak gaya :|

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 11:23 PM  

  • morgan stanley K aati bhi hai;) ???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

  • and dunt even dream abt defeating me in VT....the one thing in which i dunt suck:p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 AM  

  • Haan haan aati hai :|

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 12:34 AM  

  • must say that with a spirit like that u can take anyhtin in life man.

    u know im just the opposite of u and i'll always envy u for that .

    oh ya and for K .... go part the seas moses .
    wish superluck for u

    shanky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 AM  

  • well mr.B-schooler..
    CONGRATS!!
    ..so ur dream come true..
    all de best..
    heres somethin nice..
    "wat if u slept.. n wat if in ur sleep u dreamt..n wat if in ur dream u went to heaven..n.. there u plucked a strange n beautiful flower.. wat if u woke up.. u had a flower in ur hand"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • Hey,

    I chanced upon your blog a few months back and came back a couple times. Me passed out of NSIT in 2002(I think ;-)) and me too joining IIMK this year in all probability.

    Way to go dude,

    ankp

    By Blogger Ankur Pruthi, at 5:15 PM  

  • @ankur......or should i say ankur sir:)
    gr8 to have a super senior on me blog
    Looking forward to meeting you at K

    @shanky dood cheer up at least now...Elxsi's office is some 5-6 hours from IIMK :)

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 5:25 PM  

  • @ankur: i couldnt help but add this...i had been wondering about your IP address, st.com, i never could guess who it could be.
    so i guess u r woking for STM.
    I feel like sucha techie :)

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 5:27 PM  

  • "P.P.S: For some reason i wanted to post this in italic, nothing else :)"

    hmm...i remember reading sidin's post once he got an admission..he wrote it in italics....hmm...koi correlation??? :-D :-D

    adios
    rohit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 PM  

  • Rohit,

    Yep, I'm at ST but honestly I ain't working :-)

    ankp

    By Blogger Ankur Pruthi, at 9:20 AM  

  • @kaul dood ...no connection...just looked better
    @ankp ST????no work??? thats new..

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 6:35 PM  

  • Lovely post.
    That's the spirit. And yep, All the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • To say i was surprised when i got to know you were happy after d final calls would be an understatement but now um sure that you are one helluva happpyyyyyyy n content guy

    PS: Desperately Looking Forward To A Grand Treat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

  • great post and decision...i always hope u get the best in ur life coz u deserve it...!!

    By Blogger Ashish Kolvalker, at 11:36 PM  

  • heeelo..!! great post first of all..!i can knw wat kinda "period" u went through..:d..but u are goin to an IIM now..b-)....wld like to say dat f****** dnt forget me..:|..and ya....best o'luck and "do" lesser grls..:|.
    gb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 AM  

  • @GB: daru pi ke comment kiya kya :P
    how can i forget the college junta and esp the hostelers man....the last 4 years were awesome..aise dost kahaan milte hain :)
    @Mayank : treat?????what treat :D

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 9:34 AM  

  • Hi Rohit, welcome aboard the K bandwagon...am sure u will have as great a time as we have had over the last year

    Nitai
    http://modec.blogdrive.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

  • Hi Rohit,

    Congratulations on making it to IIMK!
    You're going to have 2 unforgettable years in what is honestly "God's own campus". :)

    Put your disappointments behind you - there will be lots of opportunities for you also at IIMK, and like all opportunities in life - it's what you make of them.
    Go there with a positive mind, party hard, study hard, make friendships that will last you a lifetime, get involved in student activities and leave an indelible mark on IIMK.

    Feel free to mail me at ronaldphilip@yahoo.com if you ever need any help/info regd K.

    Good luck and Carpe Diem. :)
    Cheers,
    Ronald
    IIMK Class of 2005
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/ronaldphilip/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • @Ronald

    *bows to placecom chief*

    am verrry much looking forward to K :)
    Where r u set up right now?
    and how did u get here:)

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Counter