Stoned Racounteur

Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year, Eh ?

Stock Markets! Inflation! Interest Rates! Hobbies! Acads! Damn!
The work never ends, does it? So I somehow managed to scrape my way through CAT and now this.I thought that the hard work was supposed to end after the written, no one told me about this part of the story.Damn those GDs and PIs! Adding to that was the fact that I have a fever and everything tastes like a bloody karela!

Hope everyone else has had a better start to their new year.Wish you all a very happy new year , little belated but still. Well, the New Year has a very interesting concept attached to it, New Year Resolutions. Well New Year resolutions are being formed and broken since at least 4000 years. In fact the Babylonians thought that what a person did on the first day of a new year affected the way the year would progress for that being.

Everyone has them but really how many of us have the will to actually hold on to those resolutions after the first week of January. Now all this thinking about resolutions made me wonder what resolutions are popular. I could guess that losing weight and probably stopping smoking would be there but still I got curious. So, I googled a little bit and found the top 10 most common resolutions. Here they are,


1. Lose weight
2. Stop smoking
3. Stick to a budget
4. Save or earn more money
5. Find a better job
6. Become more organized
7. Exercise more
8. Be more patient
9. Eat better
10. Become a better person

All right then, how many of us just saw our own resolution there. Well, I can see two of mine there. One is to become more organized (god knows how I waste my time, sometimes I think that few people could achieve such levels of inefficiency) and secondly to be more patient.Oh yeah before I forget, I got to get my bike serviced too, that’s been pending for six months now. Another example of how procrastination can achieve gargantuan proportions.Well,lets see if I can tackle these resolutions in the coming year.Hope you guyz can hold on to yours.

Well,that brings me to the end of my first post in the New Year. I hope everyone has a great year.

Adios
Rohit


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Counter