Stoned Racounteur

Friday, March 04, 2005

I am me !

If there was ever an ironical statement, this is it: We are all unique, just like everyone else.


Yes, as obvious as the title sounds sometimes in life we try so hard not to be ourselves that it’s silly. I have noticed this particular thing especially in the past one month with the blog and interview preparations being the main harbingers of this realization.


Now if I talk about the interview part first. I am a guy who is not the hardest worker in the world, period! I can’t cram stuff simply because it’ll get me better grades, I will rather read a book that really interests me rather than one that’ll add more “value”, I’d rather hang out at my beloved hostel than read another chapter of Digital communication. I would choose having a beer binge followed by a rocking JAM session (aka Thursday) than a session spent on studying my B.Tech. Project. I’d rather work on something that works my grey cells crazy and doesn’t fetch me anything rather than working on mind- numbing crap which gets me closer to some material goal.

I know that all this will sound amazingly irresponsible to many of you reading this but that’s who I am! Irresponsible, yeah, if you think so, but I really don’t give a shit if you ask me. I am tired of trying to become a “ghissu” (aka bookworm) , sorry that just ain’t me!

I have been trying so hard for the past few days to fight the urge and not to have fun and study things that I have studied before and cram them up just that little bit better but I have now realized that there is no point fretting over what is not my nature. I can study things only once, period!

I have wondered throughout my four years in college about what it is that makes people study so damn hard and what drives them into such cramming sessions. Now I realize that they are just like that. Half of them don’t know what they are doing and 99% don’t know why they are doing whatever it is that they are doing!

This particular thing is not just with regards to studying. I had posted while ago about a girl I have had a soft spot for since the last 10 years. Now at least 10 people (including her!) Since then have told me that why is it that I cling to the past and why don’t I embrace new relationships. I thought a lot about what everyone told me and was confused as to why I had these unending thoughts about the same person for a whole decade while others seem to fall in love faster than they can learn the other person’s name!

The answer was simple, I am me.

4 Comments:

  • hi dis is the 1st time i m potng a commnt,altho i hav been a regular reader. well, its a gud post n i truly believe in what u hav writtn, v all r unique n uncomparable 2 othrs....n the best u can do 4 urslf is by enjoin being whosoevr u r.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • nice article. u seem to have got it all right..some things just dont make sense..matters of the heart-even more so.how can u ever explain guys of our age being averse to voyeurism and decline to derive pleasure out of god's greatest gift,u knw wat!! hence u r the u,i am the me and they are the them!!

    By Blogger fortunately unlucky, at 1:45 AM  

  • kya baat hai sid bhai...ekdum "faaasht" english comment

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 2:09 AM  


  • online certification courses
    Thank you for the sharing good knowledge and information its very helpful and understanding.. as I have been looking for this information since long time.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Counter