Stoned Racounteur

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Slog Season Starts

Have been really busy for the last few days. Working hard for the Interviews, Finally! Enjoying it thoroughly, be it the incessant reading of new books, articles, keeping in touch with stock prices, thinking about answers to interview questions. All of it seems really interesting at the moment. Some 20 dayz left for the IIMA interview so working as hard as I can. Still worried about acads, have started in bits and pieces, hopefully it’ll all come together in another week.

Had an outstandingly good interview at CL, forgive the immodesty but really kicked some a$$ this time. Got great feedback and hope that all goes well from here. The panel didn’t give any negative feedback at all. I knew the interview went well but didn’t know it was this good. Sorry if I sound like I’m bragging, I’m just really happy, nothing else.

Well, apart from that, I had an interesting experience today. Went to Prayas (An NGO that works to help homeless children).It is quite an eye opener to go to such an institution, the reality hits hard when you see so many children, orphans who do not who their parents are, and you realize how lucky you’ve been to have been born and brought up in a family where some one or the other is looking after you at all times and making sure that you get everything that you want. Kind of made me feel guilty about all that I have and I was ashamed at the really trivial things we crib about. Be it that mobile that has a camera or that laptop with Bluetooth, all problems seem trivial when compared to what these little children have faced so early in life.

Anyways, I am trying to organize a medical camp soon with the help of my brother’s colleagues. To my pleasant surprise the first person I called up was more than happy to come and look at the children so we should have a camp within the next week or so. Hope it all works out so that these children have one thing less to worry about.

Will be blogging about my preparations as they go on.

Ciao for now

Rohit

3 Comments:

  • keep workin dood...u'r almost THERE!!:-D

    MAVERIK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • 20 days ! I have a week :shock:

    I'm kinda tired of CL intrvw, want the real thing. taking week off for acads and the "myself" stuff.

    abt ur NGO xp... yeah, kinda puts things in perspective doesnt it?

    By Blogger V, at 10:40 AM  

  • @ anil...arre bhai app itne din se kahaan gaayab ho?na PG na Y!.....howz trivandrum...yet again:P

    @vish...absolutely man...these kids have gone thru too much for their age

    By Blogger Rohit Anand, at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counter
Counter